Notice: This device has not undergone medical testing, and no medical claims are being made. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Do not use while driving, or doing anything that could cause bodily harm. Stop using if you experience any signs of discomfort.
To get the most out of your meditation experience, it is recommended that you select an appropriate place, one that is quiet, private, and comfortable. You may also want to prepare the space with certain anchors, like mood lighting, sounds and aromas (incense, candles). Finally, you’ll want to position your body in a comfortable, balanced position. Certain yoga poses work especially well.
When ready, follow these instructions:
- Place MindVizor over your face, resting the bottom foam on your upper lip
- Adjust the Velcro straps on the headband, so that the MindVizor fits comfortably and snugly against your face.
- Position MindVizor to eliminate light seepage around the edges, and to moderate the breath flow to preference:
- The MindVizor ships with a small opening for breathing just under the nose. If you have a broad nose and need additional ventilation, you can expand the opening by cutting the foam opening into a “V” shape with a pair of scissors. You’ll want to do this a little at a time. If you cut too much, light will seep in from under the nose.
- Meditate. For open-eye meditation, position yourself to face a consistent light source:
- Move your head to find a position in which the ambient lighting is transmitted evenly through the translucent lens of the MindVizor. The level of lighting is a matter of personal preference, but the lens must present you with a featureless field of vision in order to work. Facing a uniformly lit surface, like a ceiling, almost always works.
The MindVizor is intended to be a personal use device. Cleaning is recommended before first use, and whenever the product is traded between people.
- Place a small amount of dish soap in a sink, and add enough water to submerge the MindVizor. Gently compress and release the foam, allowing the soapy water to saturate the padding. Clean the lens by gently rubbing it with the soapy water.
- Follow the same procedure with clean water to remove the suds from the foam and lens. Then blot dry with a paper towel, and allow to air dry.